Janaushadhi Week 2020 celebrated across India: 50,000 Suvidha Sanitary Napkins distributed:
• India is observing the Janaushadhi week from 1st to 7th March 2020.
• The week is being observed through the events organised by the owners of over 6200 Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya
• Janaushadhi Kendras to raise awareness about health and hygiene. One of the events was focussed on the theme ‘Suvidha Se Sammaan’.
Government launches LLP settlement Scheme 2020:
• The Central Government recently launched the LLP Settlement Scheme 2020 for the one-time extension for filing the required documents with the Registrar.
• The scheme will come into force on March 16, 2020 and will be implemented till June 13, 2020.
• Under the scheme, the defaulting LLPs will be allowed to fill Form 3, Form 4, Form 8 and Form 11.
President confers 61st Lalit Kala Akademi Awards:
• President Ram Nath Kovind on March 4, 2020 conferred the 61st annual Lalit Kala Akademi Awards at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
• A total of 15 artists were bestowed with the awards including Anoop Kumar Manzukhi Gopi, Satwinder Kaur, Yashpal Singh, Yashwant Singh and others.
• The works of these artists will be displayed at the National Exhibition of Art at the Lalit Kala Akademi galleries till March 22, 2020.
Government to replace all level crossings on Highways by bridges & underpasses:
• The Central Government has decided to replace all level crossings on the National Highways by bridges or underpasses under the Setu Bharatam Scheme by December 2020.
• The move is expected to enable smooth traffic management on the national highways besides drastically reducing the chances of road accidents.
Indian Army’s International Seminar “Pragyan Conclave 2020” begins:
• The Indian Army’s International Seminar “Pragyan Conclave 2020” has begin at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi. The seminar has been organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS).
• The Pragyan Conclave 2020 seminar united the national and international experts to discuss the complex topic of ‘Changing Characteristics of Land Warfare and its Impact on the Military’.
• It also provided a platform for discussions on emerging ideas, perspectives and narratives that define the ‘New Age Warfare’.
World Bank announces 12 billion USD aid to fight coronavirus:
• The World Bank announced 12 billion USD to assist countries that are grappling with economic impacts of coronavirus. The World Bank is to provide financial aid for the countries to act upon the needs and develop a fast response towards the spread of the virus.
• The bank released a statement announcing an emergency fast track package that includes low-cost loans, grants, and technical assistance.
• This includes emergency financing, policy advice, and technical assistance, building on the World Bank Group’s existing instruments and expertise to help countries respond to the crisis.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
Supreme Court lifts ban on RBI for dealing in Cryptocurrency:
• The Supreme Court has lifted the ban on the Reserve Bank of India for trading in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
• The ruling came on a plea filed by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IMAI), asking for the removal of RBI ban.
• The RBI had restricted the banks from facilitating the use of virtual currencies in 2018.
NABARD infuses Rs 1.46 lakh cr in rural banking system during current fiscal:
• National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has infused 46 lakh crore rupees in the rural banking system during the current fiscal.
• NABARD has stated that 66,397 crore rupees have been given in short-term credit and 6,704 crore rupees in long-term credit to rural cooperative banks.
APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATIONS
Sudhanshu Pandey takes charge as new CMD of MMTC Ltd:
• Additional Secretary at the Department of Commerce Sudhanshu Pandey has assumed additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director of MMTC Ltd.
• His predecessor Ved Prakash.
• Pandey currently discharges functions as the Chief Negotiator of India.
• MMTC earlier known as Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation, is the single largest trader for product lines like minerals, metals and precious metals.
• Headquarters- New Delhi
National Safety Day:
• National Safety Day is celebrated in India on 4th March by the National Safety Council of India.
• This day is celebrated to make people get safe from several issues like financial loss, health problems and also any other problems that people are facing in their life.
• The Campaign now entering its 49th year, has grown into a major national campaign widely celebrated by industry, trade unions, govt.