Know the complete information about SSC JE Syllabus 2020 here. Go through the section-wise syllabus and be prepared for all topics. Also, know the section-wise weightage in SSC JE Prelims and Mains Exam
Candidates preparing for Junior Engineer exam can go through the detailed SSC JE Syllabus for Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering here. Check out the section-wise Syllabus for both the paper I & Paper II examination for the SSC Junior Engineer examination 2019.
- The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Junior Engineer examination every year to fill in various technical posts in government organizations.
- As the first stage of the SSC JE 2020 Exam is around the corner, begin your preparation for scoring more marks.
- Find the latest syllabus for SSC JE Exam as per the latest SSC guidelines in this post.
- The SSC JE syllabus includes all engineering topics for Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
- If you are yet not aware of the JE exam pattern, ensure to go through the detailed SSC JE Exam Pattern.
SSC JE Syllabus 2020
As the process of online application is concluded, it is time for candidates to begin with their preparation for SSC JE Exam. The very first thing candidates must begin the preparation is by knowing the complete SSC JE Syllabus.
- The SSC JE Exam Syllabus will help candidates in concentrating well in their areas of study and focus on the important topics for the examination.
- As there is an ample amount of time left for the exam, candidates can know the best SSC JE Preparation tips by experts and begin their preparation.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020
Before learning the SSC JE, Junior Engineer syllabus in detail, let’s have a look at the exam pattern for SSC JE 2020 examination. If you are a JE aspirant and worried about how to clear all the stages, then check out expert tips to know How to Crack SSC JE in One Attempt?
SSC JE Mock Test Series
2000+ Test Series, Topic-Wise & Section-Wise Test Series, Previous Year Questions, Current Affairs, Mentoring SessionTry Now
Let’s start with the SSC JE Prelims Exam Pattern below;
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time|
|(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|(ii) General Awareness||50||50|
|(iii) Part –A Civil & Structural OR Part-B Electrical OR Part-C Mechanical||100||100|
- The preliminary examination for the post of SSC JE will consist of 3 sections with General Intelligence & Reasoning, and General Awareness will consist of 50 marks whereas the technical section for the SSC JE Preliminary exam will consist of 100 marks.
- There will be a total of 200 questions for 200 marks and the total time duration will be 2 Hrs (120 Minutes).
Now, let us have a glance at the SSC JE Mains Exam Pattern below;
|Subject||No. of Questions / Max. Marks||Time|
|Part –A Civil & Structural OR Part-B Electrical OR Part-C Mechanical||300||2 hours|
- This section of SSC JE, Junior Engineer 2019 exam will consist of 1 section having a weight-age of 300 marks and the total time duration will be 2 Hrs (120 Minutes).
- In this section, questions will be asked from your chosen technical stream as per your specialization in the stream.
Now, as you are aware of the SSC JE 2019 exam pattern, let’s have a look at the SSC JE Syllabus 2019 for both Paper I (Preliminary Exam) and Paper-II (Mains Exam).
Let’s start with the paper I (Preliminary exam) for the SSC JE 2019 exam;
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2020
SSC JE Paper-I Syllabus 2020
To clear the SSC JE exam with flying colors, one must not leave any topic unprepared as to score optimum marks. Given below are the topics to prepare as per the latest SSC JE Syllabus :
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, etc.
- The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
- The test will include questions related to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, and Scientific Research, etc.
- These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
SSC JE Civil Engineering Syllabus with Weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per the latest SSC JE CE Syllabus.
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Building Materials||20 to 25 questions|
|Estimating, Costing and Valuation||5 to 8 questions|
|Surveying||10 to 12 questions|
|Soil Mechanics||5 to 8 questions|
|Hydraulics||10 to 12 questions|
|The strength of Materials||10 to 12 questions|
|Irrigation Engineering||3 to 5 questions|
|Transportation Engineering||0 to 4 questions|
|RCC Design||10 to 12 questions|
|Steel Design||8 to 12 questions|
SSC JE Electrical Engineering Syllabus with weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per the latest SSC JE EE Syllabus;
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Basic Network||30 to 35 questions|
|Electrical Machines||25 to 30 questions|
|Basic Electronics||10 to 15 questions|
|Power Systems||10 to 15 questions|
|Measurement & Measuring Instruments||10 to 15 questions|
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus with weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per the latest SSC JE ME Syllabus;
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Fluid Mechanics & Machinery||17 to 20 questions|
|Production Engineering||13 to 15 questions|
|The strength of Materials||12 to 13 questions|
|Theory of Machines||10 to 11 questions|
|Thermodynamics||7 to 8 questions|
|IC Engine||7 to 8 questions|
|Power Engineering||6 to 7 questions|
|Machine Design||4 to 5 questions|
|Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning||3 to 4 questions|
SSC JE Civil Online Coaching
600+ Hours Video Classes | FREE Study Material PDF | English & Hindi MediumEnroll Now
SSC JE Paper-II Syllabus 2020
SSC JE Syllabus for Civil & Structural Engineering
- Building Materials
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Theory of structures
- Concrete Technology
- RCC Design
- Steel Design
To know more, download SSC JE 2020 Civil Syllabus.
SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines: (a) D.C. Machine (b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers (c) 3 phase induction motors
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- Estimation and costing
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
To know more, download SSC JE 2020 Electrical Syllabus
SSC JE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Thermal Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, Fluid Statics, Fluid Kinematics
- Classification of Steels, Welding & Machining
To know more, download SSC JE 2020 Mechanical Syllabus
SSC JE Syllabus PDF 2020
Applicants who want to download the official Syllabus for SSC JE as per the latest notification for SSC JE 2019. In the table below, we have mentioned the SSC JE Syllabus PDF for both Paper I (Preliminary) and Paper-II (Mains);
|Papers||SSC JE Syllabus 2019|
|Paper I||SSC JE 2019 Paper II Syllabus PDF|
|Paper-II||SSC JE 2019 Paper II Syllabus PDF|
Books for SSC JE Preparation :
While you are looking to clear SSC JE 2019, we have prepared a list of best books for SSC JE (Junior Engineer) exam preparation. Find the recommended books as suggested by toppers and experts as per the new pattern and syllabus of SSC JE 2019 exam;
Recommended Books for SSC JE Civil Engineering
Recommended Books for SSC JE Electrical Engineering
Recommended Books for SSC JE Mechanical Engineering
SSC JE 2020 Preparation Tips
A well-planned preparation Tips can guide you through a strategized plan and if followed it will pave a pathway to success in SSC JE, Junior Engineer examination. Below, we have mentioned the few of the best practices for each section of SSC JE examination.
SSC JE Preparation Tips for Reasoning Ability
- The best method to score more in this section is to practice as many types of questions as possible.
- Take Mock Tests daily.
SSC JE Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- Read the newspaper daily.
- Go through yearbooks and informative magazines.
- Take the SSC daily quiz to improve your performance in a fun way.
SSC JE Preparation Tips for Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Go through the complete syllabus and weight-age first.
- Focus more on those questions which have more weight-age.
- Take up the SSC JE Mock Test on a daily basis.